New Mexico Green Chile Pork Posole
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 large onion, diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 2-and-1/2teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1-and-1/4teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2pound boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat, diced
- 3-and-1/2ounces hominy
- 1/2cup canned diced green chiles
- 3ounces tomatillos, whole
- 2teaspoons cumin
- 2teaspoons chile powder
- black pepper
- 2-and-3/4cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté onions, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add diced pork and continue cooking until meat has browned.
- Add hominy, green chiles, tomatillos, cumin, chile powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock and simmer 1 hour.
- Mix in cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Red Mountain Spa.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 86
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 27 mg
- Sodium 114 mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 10g