Pork Souvlaki with Flatbread and Mint-Yogurt Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Pork and marinade:
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon honey
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of silverskin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (7-ounce) container 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, mashed with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- To Assemble:
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- 2medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 flatbreads
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Combine all marinade ingredients except pork in a zip-top plastic bag. Add pork, turn to coat well, and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours, turning once.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare a grill or heat a grill pan to medium-high. Remove pork from marinade, and arrange on skewers alternately with zucchini pieces. Grill 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Transfer to a platter.
- Brush flatbreads with olive oil and grill until just warmed through and lightly marked. Serve with skewered pork and zucchini, yogurt sauce, and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 435
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 77mg
- Sodium 678mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 35g