Pork Souvlaki with Flatbread and Mint-Yogurt Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
These tender, flavorful pork kebabs are delicious straight from the skewer, but sliding the meat off and wrapping it in warm, fluffy bread ups the appeal even more. A Greek salad would make the perfect side.
- Pork and marinade:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of silverskin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (7-ounce) container 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, mashed with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- To Assemble:
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 flatbreads
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Combine all marinade ingredients except pork in a zip-top plastic bag. Add pork, turn to coat well, and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours, turning once.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare a grill or heat a grill pan to medium-high. Remove pork from marinade, and arrange on skewers alternately with zucchini pieces. Grill 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Transfer to a platter.
- Brush flatbreads with olive oil and grill until just warmed through and lightly marked. Serve with skewered pork and zucchini, yogurt sauce, and lemon wedges.