Pork Southwestern Style
- Yield 4 servings
The cumin gives subtle Southwestern flavor, and the salsa, corn and red onion make it very colorful.
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork on each side 3 minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle all sides with cumin. Add garlic and onion and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and salsa, bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes. Add corn and continue cooking another 10 minutes, or until pork is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.