Pork Roast with Fruit Glaze
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Try this fruit glaze on chickent.
- 1 (6 1/2 to 10 pound) pork loin roast
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1 orange, cut into sections (about 1/4 cup)
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Sprinkle the pork generously with kosher salt and black pepper and place on a grill rack. Grill to 150 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Combine the brown sugar, apricot nectar, lime juice, cranberries, apricots, orange and cayenne pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Spoon over the pork. Grill for 30 minutes longer or to 160 degrees on a meat thermometer. Remove the pork from the grill and cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., Cooking in High Cotton, the Cotton Country Collection (the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., 2008)