Pork Medallions smothered in Green Chile and Black Olive Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2pounds Pork center cut loin filet
- 1cup Flour
- 1teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1teaspoon Black ground pepper
- 3/4cup Orange or yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3/4cup White onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz.cans Black olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2cups *Frozen mild green chilies (roasted, peeled and chopped before being frozen), thawed, but not drained
- 3/4cup Sour cream
- Slice pork loin into 1-inch slices and flatten to 1/4-inch slices using a meat mallet. Combine flour, garlic salt and pepper on a dish and dredge flattened loin slices in the seasoned flour. Discard any remaining flour.
- In a 12″ skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add all of the loin slices to the skillet at the same time. Brown loin slices 5 minutes per side, reducing heat if necessary to prevent splattering the hot oil and over browning the meat. Remove the browned medallions to a plate and keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- To the remaining hot oil in the skillet, add the chopped bell pepper, onion, and black olives and saute’ over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the *thawed green chilies, including the liquid, to the sauteed vegetables. Stir to combine the ingredients. When combined, place the pork medallions on top of the vegetables. Cover skillet with lid and simmer over medium-low/low heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove pork medallions to heated plate. Stir sour cream into the vegetables and heat over low until all ingredients are combined and heated through. Smother medallions with the sauce. Delicious served with potato and cheese pierogies**, rice, or buttered noodles and garnished with fresh sliced tomatoes and avocados.
* Frozen (roasted, peeled and chopped) mild green chiles can be found in the freezer section at most grocery stores.
**Premade, frozen pierogies can be found in the freezer section at most grocery stores.