Pork Kabobs with Tequila and Pineapples
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 18 mins
Pork loin chunks are marinated in a gingery, garlicky sauce, then skewered and grilled.
- 1/2 pound pork loin, in chunks
- 5 -- chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -- bell peppers, chopped in chunks
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, freshly chopped
- 12 -- cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix chili peppers, garlic, ginger, oil, and tequila, soy sauce and lemon juice. Place pork in a deep dish. Add the marinade and place in the refrigerator for 6 or more hours.
- Take out the pork chunks from the marinade and insert them onto metal skewers, alternating between bell peppers, pineapples and cherry tomatoes.
- Place marinade in a saucepan and bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes to thicken slightly. Grill kabobs for 5 minutes per side and baste with marinade frequently.