Pork Fajitas with Apple Cilantro Salsa
- Yield: 5 servings
- Apple Salsa:
- 3 unpeeled apples, cored and diced
- 1/2cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2tablespoons sliced green onion, including top
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4tablespoons water
- 4tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Pork Wraps:
- 1pound pork tenderloin or lean pork roast
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- Combine all salsa ingredients in bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate several hours to meld flavors. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade.
- Place pork in large sealable plastic bag and cover with marinade. Sal bag and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or more, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill. Drain marinated pork, reserving some of the marinade. Place pork on grill and brush with reserved marinade. (Discard plastic bag and remaining marinade.) Grill over hot coals, turning frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, until internal thermometer reads 155F to 160F. Remove from heat and place on clean plate.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and heat on upper grill rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut pork diagonally across grain into thin slices. Arrange 1/8 of pork slices and 2 or 3 tablespoons salsa in center of tortilla. Fold bottom half of tortilla over filling and overlap sides on top. Arrange on serving plate.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 690
- Fat 25g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Sodium 960mg
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Fiber 8g
- Protein 44g