Pork Chop with Grilled Oranges and Scallions
- Yield 4 servings
Using only a handfull of ingredients, gourmet is made easy in this delicious pork chop dish.
- 1 package Weber® Just Add JuiceTM Caribbean Jerk Marinade Mix
- 1/2 cup orange juice, about 1 large orange
- 4 -- center-cut pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and trimmed
- -- Olive oil
- 2 -- oranges cut in half
- In a large nonreactive bowl or glass 13 x 9-inch casserole dish, mix Weber® Just Add JuiceTM Caribbean Jerk Marinade and orange juice.
- Add pork chops and scallions, cover and marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops and scallions from marinade. Brush lightly all over with oil. Set aside on a clean platter or tray.
- When ready to grill, place chops in the center of the cooking grate over direct medium heat to get a good sear. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes before turning.
- Turn and switch to indirect heat. Let cook 15 to 20 more minutes or until done. Remember, the thicker the chop, the longer it will take to cook. The outside should be well seared and the inside juicy and just a little pink. Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the pork chops are “resting,” put scallions and orange halves on the cooking grate, cut-side down, over direct, medium-high heat (increase the heat if neeed) for 5 minutes or until flesh is marked and oranges are warmed through.
- Remove oranges and scallions from grill. Squeeze the juice from half of an orange over each chop. Or, for a more dramatic presentation, serve a chop, a tangle of scallions and an orange half together and let everyone squeeze their own orange juice over their meat.