Pork Chop and Potato Bake
- Yield 6 servings
"This is a casserole that I make quite often. I had a neighbor who was very sick and I took this to him and his wife one night. The next day she called and wanted the recipe because he loved it. My family likes this too."
- 6 pork chops, with bone, thin-cut
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned French-fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Brown the pork chops in a lightly greased skillet. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, and potatoes with half of the cheese and half of the onions.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the baking dish. Layer the pork chops over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, top with the remaining cheese and onions, and bake 8 minutes longer.
– Marion Kruger, Adrian, Minn.