Pork Chop and Lima Bean Skillet Supper
- Yield 6 servings
The brown sugar gives the sauce a lightly sweet flavor that goes especially well with the pork.
- 6 thick, center-cut boneless pork chops
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, crushed with their juices
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, partially thawed
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork chops on each side, 5 minutes per side, cooking in batches if necessary. Remove to a platter.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and garlic and saute 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper. Return pork chops to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in lima beans, pushing them down into the liquid. Simmer, uncovered, until pork chops are tender and no longer pink on the inside, about 25 minutes longer.