- 6 thick, center-cut boneless pork chops
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, crushed with their juices
- 2tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, partially thawed
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork chops on each side, 5 minutes per side, cooking in batches if necessary. Remove to a platter.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and garlic and saute 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper. Return pork chops to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in lima beans, pushing them down into the liquid. Simmer, uncovered, until pork chops are tender and no longer pink on the inside, about 25 minutes longer.
Recipe reprinted with permission from One-Dish Favorites (Holly Clegg, 1997). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 306
- Fat 6.7g
- Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Cholesterol 67mg
- Sodium 94mg
- Carbohydrate 31.1g
- Protein 29.8g