Pork Balls in Curry Sauce
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Serve these ground-turkey meatballs over rice or noodles.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, (soft)
- 1 -- egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Combine ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and salt. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls (about 30).
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add half pork balls and cook, shaking pan to brown all sides. Remove browned balls from pan and repeat with remainder.
- Remove browned balls from pan; pour off fat, measure and return 2 tablespoons to pan.
- Add red peppers, curry powder and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute. Add onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce and chicken broth; stir to blend and bring to a boil. Add pork balls; cover; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Push balls to one side and stir in sour cream; carefully mix sauce and balls. Serve with noodles or rice, if desired.