Pork and Potato Verde
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Great with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup rinsed and drained black beans
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; add pork and brown on all sides. Add salsa, chiles, broth and seasoning to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add potatoes; cook for 30 minutes more or until pork is very tender. Uncover; add green onions and beans and cook for about 5 minutes more or until sauce has thickened.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board