Pork and Pepper Stir-Fry
- Yield: 8 servings
Serve with hot cooked rice.
- 2pounds pork tenderloin, cut in slices
- 3/4cup plum jam
- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnut, drained
- Trim pork and cut into bite-size strips about 1/2 inch thick; set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, stir together jam, soy sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and ginger; set aside.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute peppers and green onions over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 4 mintues. Remove vegetables. Add pork to the skillet and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, until no longer pink. Stir sauce and add to the skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly. Add water chestnuts. Return vegetables to skillet and stir to coat. Cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 261
- Fat 5.6g
- Saturated Fat 1.9g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 259mg