Pork and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12ounces pork cutlets, pounded 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4cup olive oil with garlic or olive oil, divided
- -- Salt, to taste
- 6ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3cup green onions, sliced
- 8ounces Swiss cheese or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4large flour tortillas (9-to 10-inch)
- Stack cutlets and cut crosswise in half, then cut each stack lengthwise into matchstick-size pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat; stir-fry pork for 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet with slotted spoon. Season to taste with salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and onions to skillet; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
- To assemble, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over half of each tortilla. Top each with pork and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of remaining cheese. Fold tortillas in half; pressing gently.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook quesadillas, 2 at a time, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted, turning once. Remove quesadillas from skillet; loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and quesadillas. Cut quesadillas into wedges to serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 560
- Fat 38g
- Saturated Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 115mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 40g