- 1 1/2pounds boneless pork tenderloin, sliced in strips
- 1/4cup cornstarch
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 2cups broccoli florets
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2cup grated carrots
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Coat pork strips in cornstarch by tossing in a sealable plastic bag.
- Heat oil over medium high heat and stir-fry pork strips 5-7 minutes in a nonstick skillet. Add bell pepper, broccoli, garlic, broth and ginger, scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Combine hoisin sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce; add to pork mixture in skillet.
- Toss in carrots and continue cooking until pork is tender.
- Add green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with brown rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Too Hot in the Kitchen (Holly Clegg, 2010). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 330
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 680mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 39g