Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Yield 4 servings
Craving Chinese but don’t want to go out? This quick, fantastic pork dinner is a family pleaser.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin, sliced in strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Coat pork strips in cornstarch by tossing in a sealable plastic bag.
- Heat oil over medium high heat and stir-fry pork strips 5-7 minutes in a nonstick skillet. Add bell pepper, broccoli, garlic, broth and ginger, scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Combine hoisin sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce; add to pork mixture in skillet.
- Toss in carrots and continue cooking until pork is tender.
- Add green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with brown rice.