- Yield 3 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Meaty Roma tomatoes are the basis for a quick sauce for polenta, pizza or pasta.
Make this velvety sauce a couple of hours ahead. Use half on the pizza and serve the rest with the Grilled Polenta and Sausage.
- 10 -- Roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Let stand 10 minutes. Place over low heat; simmer until tomatoes are tender and mixture is thick, 20 to 40 minutes.
Recipe by Kristine Gasbarre.