- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon arils
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 organic egg yolks
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- To prepare the semifreddo: Whip heavy cream in stiff peaks; refrigerate.
- Combine eggs, yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk.
- Place bowl over a pot of boiling water; whisk for 5 to 6 minutes until thick.
- Remove from heat and whisk until cool and smooth.
- Combine egg mixture with cram and fold.
- Stir in pomegranate juice.
- Pour half in desired vessel.
- Sprinkle with fresh arils.
- Pour on the rest, and freeze overnight.
- To prepare the syrup: Heat sugar and water until dissolved. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Add fresh arils and pomegranate juice; stir until combines.
- To serve: Dip vessel in hot water and place on serving platter. Pour syrup and serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef Simon Dolinky / POM Wonderful.