Pomegranate Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 80 mins
Pomegranate, balsamic vinegar and rosemary -- Mediterranean flavors for roast lamb.
Pomegranate juice has three times the heart healthy polyphenol content found in green tea and red wine.
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, rolled and tied
- Pomegranate seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together all ingredients (except lamb and pomegranate seeds) in a small bowl. Place lamb on roasting rack in roasting pan. Roast 80 to 90 minutes (20 minutes per pound), basting with pomegranate mixture every 15 minutes, until a thermometer reaches 145F for medium-rare, 160F for medium or 170F for well done.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil, and let stand 10 minutes. The internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve with pan juices.
Recipe courtesy of Lava Lake Lamb.