- Yield: 4 servings
- Pomegranate Molasses:
- 3cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2cup arils pomegranate
- 1tablespoon molasses
- 3tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon sliced flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the molasses: Combine pomegranate juice, sugar and juice from one lemon in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Reduce until a very thick syrup forms that can thickly coat the back of a spoon, then cool to room temperature.
- To prepare the relish: Place the shallots, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and let sit 5 minutes. Whisk in the molasses and then the olive oil. Stir in the fresh arils and parsley. Taste for balance and seasoning.
Recipe by Chef Suzann Goin / POM Wonderful