- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Refreshing as either a palate cleanser or dessert. Serve in hollowed-out oranges or lemons.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) bottle of pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup mixture of orange, lime and lemon juice
- Make a simple syrup by heating the water and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the pomegranate juice and citrus juice mixture.
- Pour into a 9×13-inch dish and freeze, covered, for 8 to 10 hours.
- Scrape into glasses to serve.
NOTE: Can easily be made into a sorbet by freezing in an ice cream freezer.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc., California Mosaic, A Cookbook Celebrating Cultures and Cuisine (The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc. 2008)