- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 180 mins
Pomegranate and cardamon make a different glaze for turkey.
The sweet-tart glaze gives this turkey a beautiful ruby sheen.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- To prepare the glaze, combine cornstarch and half the pomegranate juice in a small saucepan; stir until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in remaining juice, honey, vinegar and cardamom. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, whisking until smooth.
- To prepare the turkey, preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey and rinse, inside and out, with cold water. Pat dry. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Coat a rack and shallow roasting pan with cooking spray; place turkey breast side up on the rack. Roast 1 1/2 hours; rotate pan and roast 1 hour. Brush about half the glaze over entire surface; return to oven. Roast 10 minutes longer; repeat with remaining glaze and roast 10 minutes longer or until turkey reaches 165F. Let turkey stand 10 minutes before carving.
Recipe by Marge Perry.