Pomegranate Fruit Pizza with Pistachio Cream
- Yield 8 servings
- Pistachio Cream:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 can graham cracker crumbs
- Fruit Pizza:
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 piece puff pastry, 4-inches by 12-inches
- 2 cups sliced stone fruit, like peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- To prepare pistachio cream: Prepare fresh pomegranate arils, if necessary.
- Combine the pistachio cream ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- To prepare fruit pizza: Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the sliced stone fruit in a bowl with lemon juice and sugar.
- Lay the puff pastry on a sheet pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spread a thin layer of the pistachio cream on the puff pastry, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with the sliced stone fruit and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check and then bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, if needed.
- Cut into wedges resembling a pizza and sprinkle with fresh arils.
Can be enjoyed warm or room temperature. Goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.