Pomegranate and Brussels Sprout Salad
- Yield servings
The tart pomegranate bits add some unexpected zing to the clean taste of the shaved Brussels sprouts.
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, or tangerine wedges
- 1 cup firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Pepper, to taste
- Steam the Brussels sprouts 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Cut them into quarters. In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, radicchio, romaine, pomegranate, oranges, tofu, and hazelnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, oil, garlic, and rosemary, for the dressing. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and pour in the dressing, cooking until the mixture starts to bubble. Add to the salad and toss. Season with pepper, to taste.