- Yield 4 servings
Use an oven-browning bag to make these yummy spareribs.
These are addictive and a crowd-pleaser. I serve them any time a group of family or friends gets together and they are always a hit.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven-browning bag
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place flour in oven-browning bag. Close bag and shake to coat inside thoroughly. Add ribs and seal bag. Bake 1 1/2 hours, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- When spareribs are done, open bag and drain fat. Carefully pour sauce over ribs and secure bag. Bake 30 minutes to 1 hour longer, until ribs are tender.
– Recipe by Francine McGinty, Spokane, Wash.