Polynesian Flank Steak
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/2teaspoons garlic powder
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 2 1/2pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6cups cooked rice
- Combine pineapple juice, 1/4 cup soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and Italian dressing in a 3-quart oblong baking dish, mixing well. Add flank steak and turn to coat all sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours, if possible or overnight, turning the steak occasionally.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Gill steak over a hot fire approximately 7 minutes on each side, or place in a pan and broil for about 5 minutes on each side for rare steak.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute red pepper, green pepper and mushrooms until tender. Add water chestnuts, rice and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, tossing well. To serve, slice the flank steak diagonally against the grain and place over rice.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 257
- Fat 18.2g
- Saturated Fat 7.6g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 501mg