Polynesian Chicken Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pineapple ice cream topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 2/3 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 -- (16 oz.) loaf of Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- -- Fresh parsley, pineapple slics and whole red grapes for garnish
- -- Leafy red or green lettuce
Dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, pineapple topping, and ginger in a small bowl. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mango, grapes, macadamia nuts, and enough of the pineapple ginger dressing to bind. Slice the loaf of Hawaiian bread in half crosswise and set the top part aside. Scoop out the inside of the bottom half leaving about 1/2 inch around the sides and on the bottom. Save what is scooped out and the top portion of the bread for other uses later. Mince about 1/3 cup of the fresh parsley and set aside. Spread some of the leftover mayonnaise around the uppr edges of the bread shell. Sprinkle edges with the minced parsley. Spoon the chicken salad into the bread shell. Garnish the top with pineapple slices and grapes. Place lettuce leaves on serving plate or platter and then set the filled bread shell on top of the lettuce. When serving, cut into six wedges.
Makes 6 servings.