Chicken Las Cruces
- Yield servings
- 1 whole chicken cut up (aboit 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 can (7 oz) whole green chilis or 3 fresh roasted,seeded.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 large onion cut into 8ths
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle chili diced
- 1/2 cup ea dry white wine and chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- -- salt pepper
- cooked spanish rice
Dice half the chilies-cut the rest into lenghtwise strips. Set aside seperately. Cook bacon-drain on papertowel. Add chicken to the drippings. Cook until browned. Lift out-set aside. Keep drippings. Add onions and garlic and chipotle chili. Cook until limp. Crumble bacon and add into onions, along with diced chilis, wine, broth,taco sauce,cumin. Mix well. Arrange chicken in sauce. Spoon some of the sauce onto chicken. Lay chili strips on chicken. Cover and simmer until done about 30 minutes. Serve with rice. Garnish with avocado slices and lime wedges if desired.