Polenta with Mushroom Medley
- Yield 4 servings
Lightly grilled polenta is topped with a delicious mushroom medley.
- 8 slices ready-to-serve polenta (from a 24-ounce refrigerated package)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound (about 6 cups) fresh mushroom mixture including: small shiitakes, criminis, oysters, and whites
- 8 ounces (small loaf) Italian bread
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 cup spinach, arugula or lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill or broiler until hot. Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of sliced polenta. Place on a grill rack or broiler pan; grill or boil until golden, about 4 minutes, turning once; remove and keep warm.
- Trim mushrooms stems, and slice mushrooms. In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add wine and rosemary, simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place 2 polenta slices on each plate; top with the mushroom mixture, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel