- Yield 24 servings
A creamy, vanilla pudding cake topped with a fluffy, whipped topping
"My five grandchildren ask for this cake often. I usually have it on hand when they visit, and it never lasts long."
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup orange soda (any brand)
- 1 (3-ounce) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) tub whipped topping
- Bake cake according to package instructions in a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- When cool, poke holes all through the top of the cake with a butter knife or fork. Pour orange soda evenly over the top.
- Mix pudding and milk together until well blended. Fold in whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread pudding mixture over cake and store in the refrigerator until serving time.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This cake also is good with cherry or strawberry soda. Garnish with a generous dollup of whipped topping and fresh fruit.
– Maxine McCarthy, Naper, Neb.