Poached Salmon with Creamy Potato Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Salmon and the potato salad come together with tomatoes for a truly spectacular presentation.
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dillweed, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced Roma (plum) tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, in a 2-quart oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon dillweed, and hot sauce. Pour over salmon and bake about 20 minutes, or until salmon is done and flakes with a fork. Remove the skin and any bones. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place potatoes in a medium-size pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain, let cool, and slice into quarters.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, lemon juice, pimientos, remaining dillweed, mustard, and salt and pepper. Combine dressing with the potatoes in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, place salmon in center or a serving platter. Place sliced tomatoes and potato salad around salmon.