- Yield: 4 servings
- 8large eggs (fresh)
- 3quarts water (or as needed)
- 2teaspoons salt
- 6tablespoons white vinegar
- Combine the water, salt, and vinegar in a deep pan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Break each egg into a clean cup, and carefully slide each egg into the poaching water. Cook until the whites are set and opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and blot them on absorbent toweling. Serve immediately or store chilled eggs in the refrigerator until needed.