Planked Big Easy Shrimp
- Yield: 4 servings
Prepare an indirect fire, arrange your shrimp on the plank, place the plank on the indirect side, and cover the grill. Serve these succulent shrimp with grilled French bread for a taste of New Orleans.
- 2 cedar or oak grilling planks, soaked in water at least 1 hour
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2tablespoons low-sodium tomato-based barbecue sauce
- 1pound large raw shrimp (27 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- Combine butter, seasoning and barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Add shrimp, toss to blend, and let marinate 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a moderate charcoal fire for indirect grilling or preheat a gas grill to medium (375F), leaving one of the burners unlit.
- Remove planks from water and pat dry. Divide shrimp between the planks, arranging in one layer.
- Place planks over indirect heat. Cover grill and cook 10 to 15 minutes, until shrimp are pink and opaque.
Recipe adapted with permission from Everyday Grilling: 50 Recipes from Appetizers to Desserts by Sur La Table (Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC, 2011). Fire it up.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 180
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 155mg
- Sodium 650mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 14g