Pizza with Herbs, Pepper and Vidalia Onion
- Yield 4 servings
Fragrant sweet Vidalia onions and peppers top this ready-made pizza base. For variation add crumbled soft goat, gorgonzola or feta cheese.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 -- Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 -- each: red, yellow, green and orange sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 -- (12-inch) pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon each: chopped fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme or 1 teaspoon each dried
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add sliced Vidalia onion, sweet peppers and garlic and sauté just until onions are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush crust with oil from skillet. Sprinkle herbs over top. Spoon tomato sauce over herbs. Top with Vidalia onion and pepper mixture. Bake at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is heated through and crisp.