Pizza with Figs, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- Yield 8 servings
Figs, considered a symbol of fertility and revered as an aphrodisiac, turn pizza into an alluring palate-pleasing masterpiece.
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- pinch sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) thin pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 ounces figs, sliced in thirds
- 2 ounces proscuitto, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and sauté onion about 10 minutes, then add sugar and continue cooking until onions appear golden. Set aside.
- Spread remaining olive oil and marmalade across pizza crust.
- Top with onions, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella.
- Garnish with rosemary and bake 10-15 minutes, until crust is crispy.