Pizza with Figs, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1small onion, thinly sliced
- pinch sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) thin pizza crust
- 2tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4ounces figs, sliced in thirds
- 2ounces proscuitto, cut into pieces
- 1/2cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and sauté onion about 10 minutes, then add sugar and continue cooking until onions appear golden. Set aside.
- Spread remaining olive oil and marmalade across pizza crust.
- Top with onions, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella.
- Garnish with rosemary and bake 10-15 minutes, until crust is crispy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 281
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 16mg
- Sodium 279mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 6g