- Yield: 16 servings
"My children liked store-bought pizza rolls, but there were only a few in the box. I decided to find a way to make them to get more for my money. Even though they take a little bit of time, they are delicious and freeze very well."
- 1pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 4cups shredded pizza cheese blend or mozzarella
- 6ounces sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, stirring frequently and breaking up large pieces. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine the sausage, cheese, pepperoni, bell peppers, onion, and pizza sauce in a large bowl; mix well. Arrange the egg roll wrappers on a work surface.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold the bottom edge toward the center over the filling. Moisten the top edge with a small amount of water and fold over, sealing tightly.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375F in an electric skillet. Fry the rolls in batches until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Recipe by Heather Stine, Catawissa, Pa.