- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- -- Pizza dough or pizza crust mix
- 1/2cup finely chopped California walnuts
- 3/4cup pizza sauce or tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1cup (one 14 ½ oz. can) salt-free peeled, diced tomatoes, drained thoroughly
- 2/3cup canned mushrooms, drained
- 1/4cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbs or oregano
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a 12” round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the pizza dough or crust mix according to package directions, working into it ¼ cup of the walnuts. On a floured surface, push, pat and roll the dough to a 12” circle, then transfer it to the pan. Spread with the sauce, then distribute the tomatoes, mushrooms and remaining walnuts randomly over the dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese and herbs. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and the edges of the crust are crisp.