Pizza from Provence
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 14-18 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -- yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 can sliced California Black Ripe Olives, drained
1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. On a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, roll the thawed pastry sheet into a 13×15 inch rectangle.
3. Sauté onions in olive oil until soft and golden. Add garlic, thyme and rosemary and sauté for 2 minutes more.
4. Remove onions from heat and add salt, pepper and ½ of the grated cheese.
5. Spread onion mixture onto puff pastry.
6. Top onion mixture with sliced black olives followed by remaining Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 475 for 14-18 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden and cheese is lightly browned. May be served warm or at room temperature. Serves 6.
Note: Great served a salad of greens with a Dijon vinaigrette. Fresh herbs will make this dish even better. Triple the amounts used if using fresh herbs.