- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This dough works perfectly on the grill with whatever pizza toppings you like.
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating dough
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups bread flour (or high-gluten flour)
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Stir to combine. Let stand until the mixture foams, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and flour. Mix, using a dough hook, just until dough comes together, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer, cover, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Return bowl to mixer and knead dough, using a dough hook, until surface is smooth and it springs back when you poke it, about 5 minutes. Dough will be very stiff.
- Roll dough in a ball, put it in a clean bowl, and brush lightly with olive oil. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature at least 4 hours before you plan to use it.
- Place dough on a board. Knead it just enough to punch the air out. Divide it into six pieces. (Smaller pieces are easier to work with.) Flatten each piece into a disk on a cutting board and cover with a cloth until you’re ready to use them.