- Yield 6 servings
Kids will love this quick-and-easy pizza burger and it makes a great weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 -- tomato, sliced into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, tomato sauce, parsley, onion, oregano and basil in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are combined. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and place on waxed paper. Form the mixture into patties with your hands. Place the patties on a baking sheet. Put one slice of tomato on each patty. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven with oven mitts. Place the patties onto a serving platter with a pancake turner.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Telephone Pioneers of America’s Calling All Kids (Telephone Pioneer of America, Alabama Chapter #34, Birmingham, Al., 2002).