- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1-- (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3tablespoons dried parsley
- 2tablespoons dried onion
- 1 1/2teaspoons oregano
- 1/2teaspoon basil
- 1-- tomato, sliced into 6 slices
- 1/2cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, tomato sauce, parsley, onion, oregano and basil in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are combined. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and place on waxed paper. Form the mixture into patties with your hands. Place the patties on a baking sheet. Put one slice of tomato on each patty. Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven with oven mitts. Place the patties onto a serving platter with a pancake turner.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Telephone Pioneers of America’s Calling All Kids (Telephone Pioneer of America, Alabama Chapter #34, Birmingham, Al., 2002).