- Yield 6 servings
All the appealing flavors of pizza in a fish dish.
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, combine half the mushrooms and all the onion and garlic, and saute over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar and red pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Place fish in a 2-quart oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and pour sauce over fish. Top with remaining mushrooms and pepper rings. Bake fish 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and continue baking 5 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork and cheese is melted.