- Yield 72 pieces
These pita pizzas make a great pick up appetizer.
- 1 pound Italian sausage, mild or hot
- 1 package (6 rounds) Pita bread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 -- (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 -- (6-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 -- (2-pound) package thinly sliced pepperoni
- Crumble sausage in skillet and brown. Drain.
- Cut Pita bread with scissors to form two complete rounds.
- Spread inner side of each round with butter.
- Spread layer of tomato paste.
- Cut into 6 triangles.
- Cover each triangle with sausage, chopped mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until crisp. Pizzas may be frozen after preparation and baked when ready to use.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Augusta’s Second Round; Tea Time at the Masters(Augusta, Georgia, 1988).