Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 5 dozen
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 2cups packed brown sugar
- 2-- eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2cups chopped pistachios
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and pistachios. Drop by teaspoonsfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with persmission from the Junior League of Mobile, Bay Tables (Junior League of Mobile, 1999)