Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 5 dozen
These cookies are studded with white chocolate chips and pistachios.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 -- eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pistachios
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and pistachios. Drop by teaspoonsfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with persmission from the Junior League of Mobile, Bay Tables (Junior League of Mobile, 1999)