- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 1/3cup packed light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup chopped, toasted, shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt. Reduce speed to low and add flour and pistachios, mixing until just combined.
- Turn dough into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread dough evenly over bottom of pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until golden brown and slightly darkened around the edges. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut shortbread into 36 rectangles while still in pan. Let cool completely before removing from pan.