Pistachio Layered Dessert
- Yield 18 servings
The green filling makes this dessert something to think about around Christmas or even St. Patrick's Day.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (4-serving) packages pistachio instant pudding mix
- 3 cups skim milk
- Combine crumbs with margarine in a small bowl and pat it into a 2-quart oblong baking dish 13x9x2-inch pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar, blending until smooth. Blend in half the whipped topping (about 1 cup) thoroughly. Spread mixture with a knife over crumbs. (Be careful, as this will pull up crumbs.) Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix pistachio pudding mix and skim milk, beating until thick. Spread over cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until firm. Carefully spread remaining whipped topping on top. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.