Pistachio-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Bruschetta
- Yield 18 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed fresh
- 3/4 cup pistachio nuts or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese or spinach-artichoke cheese spread or olive tapenade
- 1/2 -- 24-inch-long baguette, diagonally sliced and lightly toasted
Heat oven to 425F. Place parsley and nuts in blender or food processor container. Cover and blend or process just until crumbly, but not paste like. Transfer mixture to an 18-inch-long piece of waxed paper. Add lemon peel and salt; lightly mix until combined.
Place lemon juice in pie plate. Dip pork tenderloin in juice; coat in nut mixture using waxed paper to firmly press nut mixture on pork.
Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in heated oven for 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 160F. Cool pork on rack for 20 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and chill for several hours or overnight.
To serve, carve pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lightly spread baguette slices with cheese or tapenade. Place pork on top.
Garnish Suggestions: Dollop tops with additional cheese and/or sprinkle with snipped parsley, chives or green onion; chopped pistachio nuts; long shreds of lemon peel.