Pistachio Crusted Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Olives
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- olive oil
- 6ounces California Black Olives, finely diced
- 6ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4teaspoon lemon zest
- 1cup golden raisins
- 6medium skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2medium eggs
- 2cups raw, shelled pistachios, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 1large shallot, finely minced
- 2cups chicken broth
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 1teaspoon butter
- dash kosher salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 9×13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Mix olives into goat cheese until well incorporated. Add in zest and golden raisins. Set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound to an even ¼-inch thickness. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on each breast piece. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Dredge each roll in egg and coat with pistachio nuts. Set aside. Reserve any leftover pistachio bits.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. In batches, lightly brown each chicken breast roll on all sides until pistachios are golden. Do not crowd pan. Add oil as needed. Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to prepared baking dish. Bake chicken in oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove cooked pistachio bits to a dish and reserve. Do not wash skillet.
- While chicken is baking, make cream sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in used skillet. Saute shallot in oil until softened. Add reserved pistachio bits from dredging. Saute until golden. Then add reserved cooked pistachio bits. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook, stirring until sauce is reduced by half. Add cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add butter, stir to incorporate and remove from heat. When chicken is done, remove toothpicks and serve with sauce.