- Yield 16 servings
White cake mix and pistachio pudding create a fluffy cake iced with cool whip
"This is the first choice of any dessert I make for my children and grandchildren. Wherever I take it, I know I'll be handing out recipes. Once you bake this cake, be prepared to make it over and over."
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 small packages of instant pistachio pudding
- 1 10 oz. containter of Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and two packages of pudding and mix well according to cake package instructions.
- Pour batter into a non-stick or greased cake pan and bake 10 minutes at 275 degrees, another 10 minutes at 300F, then 35 minutes at 325F. The cake will be done when a knife, pushed into the center, comes out clean.
- For topping, gradually add 1 package of pistachio pudding to a 10-oz. container of Cool Whip, spread on the cooled cake, and refrigerate.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: For a fluffier cake, have all ingredients at room temperature, including the eggs (warm them in medium-hot water).
Diana Kowalski, Danville, Ind.