Pistachio and Pasta Salad
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
"My children didn't like to eat pistachio nuts. I tried this secret recipe of mine and they really relished the nuts in the salad."
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pasta, uncooked (rigatoni, gemelli, or small shells)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Pistachios, chopped
- Parmesan, shaved
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Blanch the snow peas and spinach by putting them in hot water and taking them out immediately. Quickly rinse them in cold water, drain well on paper towels, and pat dry. Mix the blanched snow peas and spinach with the pasta, pistachios, cheese, tomatoes, and marinade in a medium bowl. Garnish with more pistachio nuts and shaved Parmesan.
Recipe by Neelam Taneja, Whiteville, N.C.