- Yield 8 servings
As a way to fit more nutrient-rich fruit and veggies into your meal, this salsa is the perfect topping for chicken, pork chops or tuna steaks, and it's a great dipping salsa, too!
- 1 (15-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, optional
- 2 teaspoons sesame or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- Combine all ingredients except peanuts in a medium bowl; blend gently. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let flavors blend. Mix in peanuts just before serving.