Fruit Glazed Ham
- Yield: 12 servings
This ham is delicious served warm or leftover for sandwiches.
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 3 fresh ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons allspice
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1/2cup Dijon mustard
- Whole cloves
- 1 (9-pound) precooked, sugar-cured, bone-in ham
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pineapple, peaches, sugar and allspice. Reduce heat to low; cook until fruits begin to caramelize.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine brown sugar and mustard.
- Cut away some of the fat on ham and peel away hide. Score ham in criss-cross fashion; insert a whole clove at each intersecting point. Rub mustard mixture over meat. Place in a roasting pan and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes. Spoon fruit glaze over ham and continue baking 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 490
- Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 145
- Sodium 2109mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 44g